1
Here I am, in room of my hostel in Bondi Beach, Sydney. I still do not realize where I am right, what am I doing here ... A flurry of new sensations and emotions and thoughts are alive inside me, I just try to put them all a bit 'in order for the rest ... here we come! We are ready to "go." But first things first ...
LET'S GO!
November 11, 2008, h 8.00. My plane London is ready to gate B5. I greet my parents with a big hug and a "feel just come." Their eyes are printed in my mind, I think it is important to store the images to go to cover when you need it most. I take my plane with a serenity never proved, are not at all anxious and it surprises me. The only thing that I long to see my sister and hold them again is strong. I'm almost seven months since I see it, I would say far too long!
Arrive in London on time. I move from Terminal 5 to Terminal 4, are now airports and practice in the blink of an eye I find myself staring at the board to look at what I have to go to gate: please wait ... Waiting ... waiting to meet a Belgian girl and I am pleased to note that in some way I can make myself understood, but certainly not with my English fluently! She also takes the same flight and goes to visit relatives who never met him, wow!
The flight to Sydney is quite long, I can not sleep much, but fortunately the company with which travel, Qantas, is also provided in Italian film ... wonderful! Food just good to be at 11,000 feet above sea level: huge choice of chicken, beef and fish and often the crew goes with drinks and fruit (had never seen it), as dessert we were served the "mars ice cream "Not bad!
I land in Sydney is 8 pm, even though my body is 10 in the morning! But no matter ... I still do not seem true, in a few moments I can see my sister and excitement begins to rise. Maybe it starts to rise because I have to go through customs and having regard to the previous ...! Instead row everything smoothly and, after getting my luggage, I go to the EXIT sign.
So many people waiting who knows ... But I now I see the look I wanted, and so I tried. You know ... That drawer of memory called "the most beautiful and unforgettable moments of your life"? Here, I put here that moment, the moment when I started to run no longer feel the fatigue of 27 hours of flight, the moment when I embraced the strong, the moment when I cried like a baby. I think I do not find appropriate words to describe that moment. But no matter, because that is within me, and now I can relive it whenever you want.
take the bus to Bondi Beach with a delicately pleasant temperature. The most absurd thing is that after talking for 15-20 minutes both feel the sensation to be seen the day before, or the other Pattarone last night, everything seemed so normal! Absurd, but perhaps easier to understand than it seems, at least for us. We
my check-in at the hostel. A bracelet that says "let the journey begin ".... Sure! I can not say that in a palace, but in any case worse than I thought and then across the road and the beach, what I want more?!?! My roommate is a new Zealander and a Canadian. They look very nice.
shower and hair and a walk to Bondi Beach, a beer pub in the area's largest, Bondi Road, and then sleep, fatigue began to be felt.
FIRST DAY IN SYDNEY.
After a breakfast of corn flakes, apple, banana, milk and coffee, we move to the city to visit the main attractions.
primarily via Hyde Park, a park of modest size, with huge trees and people walking quiet. The road leads directly to another park, the Royal Botanic Gardens, much larger than the first, indeed, great! The eye is drawn to the right and left, losing to admire the smallest details, like children playing, sports, running everywhere, people walking and shoot one thousand photos, and details the most interesting and never before seen, like a plant full of giant bats hanging upside down, which pauuuuuura! Even Batman has the cape as large as the wingspan of these bats! They fear!
Keep walking and soon, so, from almost nothing, she appears, the Opera House.
LET'S GO!
November 11, 2008, h 8.00. My plane London is ready to gate B5. I greet my parents with a big hug and a "feel just come." Their eyes are printed in my mind, I think it is important to store the images to go to cover when you need it most. I take my plane with a serenity never proved, are not at all anxious and it surprises me. The only thing that I long to see my sister and hold them again is strong. I'm almost seven months since I see it, I would say far too long!
Arrive in London on time. I move from Terminal 5 to Terminal 4, are now airports and practice in the blink of an eye I find myself staring at the board to look at what I have to go to gate: please wait ... Waiting ... waiting to meet a Belgian girl and I am pleased to note that in some way I can make myself understood, but certainly not with my English fluently! She also takes the same flight and goes to visit relatives who never met him, wow!
The flight to Sydney is quite long, I can not sleep much, but fortunately the company with which travel, Qantas, is also provided in Italian film ... wonderful! Food just good to be at 11,000 feet above sea level: huge choice of chicken, beef and fish and often the crew goes with drinks and fruit (had never seen it), as dessert we were served the "mars ice cream "Not bad!
I land in Sydney is 8 pm, even though my body is 10 in the morning! But no matter ... I still do not seem true, in a few moments I can see my sister and excitement begins to rise. Maybe it starts to rise because I have to go through customs and having regard to the previous ...! Instead row everything smoothly and, after getting my luggage, I go to the EXIT sign.
So many people waiting who knows ... But I now I see the look I wanted, and so I tried. You know ... That drawer of memory called "the most beautiful and unforgettable moments of your life"? Here, I put here that moment, the moment when I started to run no longer feel the fatigue of 27 hours of flight, the moment when I embraced the strong, the moment when I cried like a baby. I think I do not find appropriate words to describe that moment. But no matter, because that is within me, and now I can relive it whenever you want.
take the bus to Bondi Beach with a delicately pleasant temperature. The most absurd thing is that after talking for 15-20 minutes both feel the sensation to be seen the day before, or the other Pattarone last night, everything seemed so normal! Absurd, but perhaps easier to understand than it seems, at least for us. We
my check-in at the hostel. A bracelet that says "let the journey begin ".... Sure! I can not say that in a palace, but in any case worse than I thought and then across the road and the beach, what I want more?!?! My roommate is a new Zealander and a Canadian. They look very nice.
shower and hair and a walk to Bondi Beach, a beer pub in the area's largest, Bondi Road, and then sleep, fatigue began to be felt.
FIRST DAY IN SYDNEY.
After a breakfast of corn flakes, apple, banana, milk and coffee, we move to the city to visit the main attractions.
primarily via Hyde Park, a park of modest size, with huge trees and people walking quiet. The road leads directly to another park, the Royal Botanic Gardens, much larger than the first, indeed, great! The eye is drawn to the right and left, losing to admire the smallest details, like children playing, sports, running everywhere, people walking and shoot one thousand photos, and details the most interesting and never before seen, like a plant full of giant bats hanging upside down, which pauuuuuura! Even Batman has the cape as large as the wingspan of these bats! They fear!
Keep walking and soon, so, from almost nothing, she appears, the Opera House.
Anyone you (and myself before coming here) will certainly have seen a thousand photographs and postcards depicting this fantastic and colossal building, but I assure you see with your own eyes is another thing, there is absolutely no comparison, well ... it's worth flying a whole day just to see a single instant. Besides, the nature has given us a wonderful day, with a blue sky, a really hot sun and a pleasant breeze.
We decide to see the Opera House and across the bay from above, and then we walk to The Rocks to climb the Harbour Bridge. The view is sensational, the kind that make you thank God or whoever You should be able to see some wonders. The thirst is felt even more insistent and especially when we know we have free drinks! Grande Dario! A nice cold beer is what you need! Lunch sitting on a bench with chopped fruit and a roll with tuna, sour cream, salad, and something else that I can not remember ... not so bad! Meanwhile, nearby are mounting a giant Christmas tree. It 's too strange to be in shorts and tube and think that in just over a month is Christmas!
In the afternoon we visit the districts of Darling Harbour and Pyrmont. Climbing the stairs outside the Star City Casino can enjoy another great view. A visit to "due" and also including the spectacular Queeen Victoria Building, a shopping center in three or four floors, but not for those who are used to seeing us, indeed! You think you go into a building of 800 noble style, with magnificent chandeliers, red carpets on the floor, brass fixtures everywhere, and to further enhance the beauty of a huge Christmas tree with Swarovski high as three floors of the building ... So , a fairytale castle ever seen!
The only thing that does not begin to bear to this town are the lights trooooooooppo lenses: the red stays on the green about 2-3 minutes and lasts just long enough to cross the street! Absurd! Well ... I still have to pass myself off the frenzy in Milan I internalized in a year ... I can do!! Exhausted
back in the hostel, although we will have a bad news ... There isn't hot water! Oh my God! Undaunted, we throw ourselves under the cold shower ... But that's okay! Tone up! We have dinner and go home with three young Israeli friends of my sister, very, you know ... crazy! We spent the evening on the couch quiet calm ... Good night!
FIVE DAYS BETWEEN RELAX AND KILOMETRES WALK.
The second day I spent almost entirely on the beach with my sister. Another hot sunny day, I can certainly give up enjoying the beautiful ocean and white sand that characterize the Bondi Bay, and especially the thought of being in costume and all my friends are down with ... well ... priceless! The ocean is too cold to swim, or rather, some people do not think they are all right with his head! The water is still cold enough! Among them there are of course the surfers riding the waves with any temperature and season.
In the late afternoon the weather gets worse, it is cloudy and so we decide to go shopping. We go to a supermarket in Bondi Junction and buy you need to spend another 6 days in the hostel. The evening is raining but we go anyway, we are invited to dinner by young Israelis. Enjoyable evening with a soup as palatable prepared by Moses. Then when the men to cook is even more enjoyable!
Friday the weather was not very forgiving, but fortunately it did not rain so we went to walk to Double Bay in the bar where my sister worked for 5 months. I met his former colleagues and especially the "notorious" Wonda, a young Indonesian very crisp and sweet together, shook my hand with a genuine smile and said "Hello beautiful, how are you?" I could not have better reception ! I tasted the famous Vegemite, a kind of sauce that looks like a little taste 'to die, that all Europeans is disgusting ... literally everything except my sister and now me! We are two! It 's really delicious! It 's too nice taste of other cultures at the level of food!
In the afternoon we went to the library in Sydney, because there is free internet access. We visited a bit 'of sites and tried to plan our immediate future ... The idea is to stay here in Sydney for a few days and then probably move to the south, hoping to find work in some farm. Indeed, it is also time to roll up our sleeves and start working!
the evening we went out to enjoy the night life in this new world. And it was all exactly as I had told my sister here all start drinking early (Like the 17-18), and already at 23 have already lost all drunk! The street is full of pretty girls semi-nude (I had jeans and sweatshirts, and I was cold!) Ubriachissime, which are competing to see who is more ... z. (A word to the wise!). In two words: can you imagine that even a degenerate! A completely opposite to the nocturnal world of the quiet and polite day life. Peace and madness. A stroll in Oxford Street, of gays and lesbians, it's really strange to note that it is quietly normal!
After visiting the city it's time to take some 'of the ocean looks too, so Saturday morning we receive a walk 5 km from Bondi Beach to Coogee walk along the coast which offers views seen only in movies, even if the weather is not the best.
Saturday night we go out to dinner with Justin and Sunny, the two young Australians with whom he lived with my sister in Sydney. Let's go to dinner at Thai, my first time! Delicious dinner, as well as the company. Obviously I do not feel very involved in the talks, unfortunately my English is almost non-existent. But courage makes me realize that I can follow easily all conversations with a modest (not words, conversations) ... But that's something! Slowly, as they say ...
New day, new day trip: take the ferry from Sydney with Manly destination. The course is full of shops of every kind and a long spit of white sand characteristic of this locality; pity that even today the weather is not exactly the best. We walk along the coast without a clear destination. Walk, walk and walk, we end up on top of a hill and enter the species in Sydney Harbour National Park: we see the typical "bush" and admire from Australian Menly and other nearby bays. A huge ever seen, never heard a silence, a sense of freedom probably never tried.
We return to Sydney to meet David, another friend of my sister, who was also very very "nice"! I can throw a little 'more in speech, although it is still very difficult. I try not to tear it down and not feeling very small, but sometimes the head travels faster than the right ...
My first week in Australian land ends with a trip just as memorable: the Taronga Zoo and this time alone! Lions, zebras, wallabies, gorillas, crocodiles, giraffes, hippos, seals, penguins, elephants ... Two and a half hour walk to see these fantastic creatures that certainly does not happen to see every day! I was a child I had not visited a zoo, and I felt just like a child! I think it's a blessing sometimes feel a child again, is a very good feeling, is not it? We wanted this day alone, Either way I think essermela fared very well! I also bought the Australian phone number ... hope to discover in the future to have chosen the best price!
As I was saying before I believe that at most one week me and my sister we will move to Sydney in search of fortune, adventure and places to dream. I tried a bit 'of money in bunches of bananas or pouches of kangaroos, but nothing .... So maybe you should look for a job!
See you soon!
We decide to see the Opera House and across the bay from above, and then we walk to The Rocks to climb the Harbour Bridge. The view is sensational, the kind that make you thank God or whoever You should be able to see some wonders. The thirst is felt even more insistent and especially when we know we have free drinks! Grande Dario! A nice cold beer is what you need! Lunch sitting on a bench with chopped fruit and a roll with tuna, sour cream, salad, and something else that I can not remember ... not so bad! Meanwhile, nearby are mounting a giant Christmas tree. It 's too strange to be in shorts and tube and think that in just over a month is Christmas!
In the afternoon we visit the districts of Darling Harbour and Pyrmont. Climbing the stairs outside the Star City Casino can enjoy another great view. A visit to "due" and also including the spectacular Queeen Victoria Building, a shopping center in three or four floors, but not for those who are used to seeing us, indeed! You think you go into a building of 800 noble style, with magnificent chandeliers, red carpets on the floor, brass fixtures everywhere, and to further enhance the beauty of a huge Christmas tree with Swarovski high as three floors of the building ... So , a fairytale castle ever seen!
The only thing that does not begin to bear to this town are the lights trooooooooppo lenses: the red stays on the green about 2-3 minutes and lasts just long enough to cross the street! Absurd! Well ... I still have to pass myself off the frenzy in Milan I internalized in a year ... I can do!! Exhausted
back in the hostel, although we will have a bad news ... There isn't hot water! Oh my God! Undaunted, we throw ourselves under the cold shower ... But that's okay! Tone up! We have dinner and go home with three young Israeli friends of my sister, very, you know ... crazy! We spent the evening on the couch quiet calm ... Good night!
FIVE DAYS BETWEEN RELAX AND KILOMETRES WALK.
The second day I spent almost entirely on the beach with my sister. Another hot sunny day, I can certainly give up enjoying the beautiful ocean and white sand that characterize the Bondi Bay, and especially the thought of being in costume and all my friends are down with ... well ... priceless! The ocean is too cold to swim, or rather, some people do not think they are all right with his head! The water is still cold enough! Among them there are of course the surfers riding the waves with any temperature and season.
In the late afternoon the weather gets worse, it is cloudy and so we decide to go shopping. We go to a supermarket in Bondi Junction and buy you need to spend another 6 days in the hostel. The evening is raining but we go anyway, we are invited to dinner by young Israelis. Enjoyable evening with a soup as palatable prepared by Moses. Then when the men to cook is even more enjoyable!
Friday the weather was not very forgiving, but fortunately it did not rain so we went to walk to Double Bay in the bar where my sister worked for 5 months. I met his former colleagues and especially the "notorious" Wonda, a young Indonesian very crisp and sweet together, shook my hand with a genuine smile and said "Hello beautiful, how are you?" I could not have better reception ! I tasted the famous Vegemite, a kind of sauce that looks like a little taste 'to die, that all Europeans is disgusting ... literally everything except my sister and now me! We are two! It 's really delicious! It 's too nice taste of other cultures at the level of food!
In the afternoon we went to the library in Sydney, because there is free internet access. We visited a bit 'of sites and tried to plan our immediate future ... The idea is to stay here in Sydney for a few days and then probably move to the south, hoping to find work in some farm. Indeed, it is also time to roll up our sleeves and start working!
the evening we went out to enjoy the night life in this new world. And it was all exactly as I had told my sister here all start drinking early (Like the 17-18), and already at 23 have already lost all drunk! The street is full of pretty girls semi-nude (I had jeans and sweatshirts, and I was cold!) Ubriachissime, which are competing to see who is more ... z. (A word to the wise!). In two words: can you imagine that even a degenerate! A completely opposite to the nocturnal world of the quiet and polite day life. Peace and madness. A stroll in Oxford Street, of gays and lesbians, it's really strange to note that it is quietly normal!
After visiting the city it's time to take some 'of the ocean looks too, so Saturday morning we receive a walk 5 km from Bondi Beach to Coogee walk along the coast which offers views seen only in movies, even if the weather is not the best.
Saturday night we go out to dinner with Justin and Sunny, the two young Australians with whom he lived with my sister in Sydney. Let's go to dinner at Thai, my first time! Delicious dinner, as well as the company. Obviously I do not feel very involved in the talks, unfortunately my English is almost non-existent. But courage makes me realize that I can follow easily all conversations with a modest (not words, conversations) ... But that's something! Slowly, as they say ...
New day, new day trip: take the ferry from Sydney with Manly destination. The course is full of shops of every kind and a long spit of white sand characteristic of this locality; pity that even today the weather is not exactly the best. We walk along the coast without a clear destination. Walk, walk and walk, we end up on top of a hill and enter the species in Sydney Harbour National Park: we see the typical "bush" and admire from Australian Menly and other nearby bays. A huge ever seen, never heard a silence, a sense of freedom probably never tried.
We return to Sydney to meet David, another friend of my sister, who was also very very "nice"! I can throw a little 'more in speech, although it is still very difficult. I try not to tear it down and not feeling very small, but sometimes the head travels faster than the right ...
My first week in Australian land ends with a trip just as memorable: the Taronga Zoo and this time alone! Lions, zebras, wallabies, gorillas, crocodiles, giraffes, hippos, seals, penguins, elephants ... Two and a half hour walk to see these fantastic creatures that certainly does not happen to see every day! I was a child I had not visited a zoo, and I felt just like a child! I think it's a blessing sometimes feel a child again, is a very good feeling, is not it? We wanted this day alone, Either way I think essermela fared very well! I also bought the Australian phone number ... hope to discover in the future to have chosen the best price!
As I was saying before I believe that at most one week me and my sister we will move to Sydney in search of fortune, adventure and places to dream. I tried a bit 'of money in bunches of bananas or pouches of kangaroos, but nothing .... So maybe you should look for a job!
See you soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment