NEW CITY, NEW JOB, NEW HOUSE .... NEW LIFE!
a closed chapter "country girls" decides to return to civilization to Brisbane, the third largest city after Sydney and Melbourne. Off the bus and load shouldered our "fellow travelers": first of all, finding a roof to sleep. Obviously the choice is always Bookings cheaper, $ 156 a week is not too bad! We hope to be at least decent! I would say that luck was on our: the hostel is clean, the size of the room (even if shared with six other girls) is acceptable, the kitchen is large enough, there are many wooden tables for outdoor dining and c 'is also a swimming pool! Immediately take the shuttle to visit the city center, which turns out to be not very large and therefore very easy to explore on foot.
Brisbane I think the stereotype of the city where I could live quietly, not too chaotic at the level of traffic is not at all dear, is very well served by public transport, has an ideal climate, has a modern and Victorian set and people seem to be very, very relaxed ... Just think 'that almost all the shops close at 17.30-18! Almost like in Milan! The only downside is that unfortunately overlooks the ocean ... And while I'm here for only two weeks I already feel a lack! The city is still divided by the river that bears the name of the same name (Brisbane River), and the walk along the same features manicured gardens, artificial beaches and numerous benches to admire the huge skyscrapers that overlook the opposite bank of the river . At night ... It 's a show without end, I'd be hours to fix the myriad light and light that are reflected in the water!
After the city tour due to return to reality and the days are dedicated to finding a job, this time we throw in the "catering" hoping to find a job as a waitress. And in fact does not seem so difficult (or maybe it's the luck of the beginner): despite my broken English I managed to get two races in two different rooms, the first that night in an Italian restaurant and the second in a cafe two days later.
The agitation began to rise a few hours before ... I did not feel that feeling from my university exams or on the day of the discussion of my thesis! What anxiety! "And if I do not understand?" ... "And if customers stop me and I order something?" ... "And if the waiters are assholes lose patience with me and after two seconds?" Laura ... Ok, follow the advice your sister: always smile and put your lower back instead of face ... It'll be great! And as if by magic ... Test passed! My job basically is to "runner", that is to bring the course to the tables and sbaraccare the same when people have finished eating ... Some difficulties to learn the names of the dishes (luckily, some are the same as Italians, only But the name !!!), but the rest say it is all smooth yarn! Unfortunately, the boss tells me I can not make me work every day ... Okay, Better Than Nothing!
The second test is in a cafe. The atmosphere is decidedly more elegant and a bit 'colder than the staff-level Italian restaurant. I get along fairly well this time, and the manager tells me that call me to let me know the working hours for next week. I'm bringing home another job, but unfortunately when I call to find out my roster, the manager tells me it's really sorry but until January did not need workers ... But then for what strange reason, I will have done try?!?! Do not ever think I'll find out ... Or maybe it was a more elegant way to say "did you suck, you do not want" ... I do not know! But in any case, a job I have, I can already be satisfied!
after work we start looking for a house, is much more convenient to rent a room rather than continuing to stay in the hostel! And this time there is a luxury we find a double for the price of $ 110 per person per week, not bad! The kitchen corner is really spacious, so is the living room with a sofa, two armchairs and a TV with DVD player, there is also a terrace with a table where you can eat ... It's very nice! Our flatmates are a turkish guy and a couple of young Brazilians seem to be very cute and funny! And the main thing is that we speak only English at home, good for me! The area, Kangaroo Point, is located near the city center and close to the river bank ... I mean, I can not just complain!
are in Brisbane for the past two weeks, I found my balance and I can say I feel really good: sew, read, watch film, study my grammar book, I talk with my roommates ... I try to do everything and more to improve my English, even if it's really hard! But I do not lose heart, who knows me knows I'm stubborn ... and then I have to do!
The latest news is that yesterday I managed to find another job, I hope! I have a test scheduled for Friday in a cafe-restaurant. The manager seemed very nice and in my opinion, I think I made a good impression ... But I'll say I'll know after Friday! The goal is to find another job because only a two to three times a week, well, it is difficult to get along! With two jobs but I could live quietly and try to save something for my future trips. Let's say this is my idea: to stay in Brisbane for one or two months and I'm a bit 'of money by, leaving for another destination to another discovery, for another adventure! I'm here for that too! For the most exciting journey of my life, and I am sure it will be ... The start was certainly a great prelude!
0 comments:
Post a Comment