AUSTRALIAN RESTAURANT ITALIAN RESTAURANT VS
1 First round: on the red corner "Australian Restaurant" On the blue corner ... "Italian Restaurant" ... Who will be the winner? There's no doubt ... "Italian Restaurant"!
I decided to write a post dedicated to the differences I noticed between Italian restaurants and restaurants in Australia, both in terms of food and at the level of workplace organization. I recommend you continue reading, I think it is very interesting and funny at the same time!
several years in Italy working in restaurants, hotels, bars and disco-pub think I've gained some experience, and I can say that all Italian clubs I had worked in management and organization of internal working very strict and orderly, but at the same time very flexible, with the possibility of self-management by the waiter (in this case me!).
The main difference between absurd and Italian restaurants Australian restaurants in Italy is that any restaurant or bar that is worthy of his name, the numbering of the tables: the waiter is very simple and straightforward to track the table at which to carry the flow . "A daisy in nine!" And now ... Tac ... the pizza will be delivered to nine. In Australia it does not work (at least in the bar). I think there is some exercise at the base of "brain training "to develop the intellectual skills of the waiter, the customer orders directly at his lunch, pays his bill and went to sit at a table at will. From here nothing too strange. But now comes the "nice" to the case will be delivered to the client like a placeholder with a number that will support him on the table where you sit. That will be the number of the table, at that precise moment, that precise customer. When his dinner is ready to turn the hapless waiter will run half an hour for the room (if you're lucky this is not too large) and find the number to which to deliver the scope ... Absurd is not it?!?! A waste of time inconceivable! It is not as convenient as each table has its own number regardless of the person sitting in the same?? But ... I'd be almost tempted to give this suggestion! Fortunately, the restaurant where I work does not happen, each table has its own number, as in Italy! But there are many things that I still do not square (speaking in reference to the restaurant where I work) ... And what I find really inconceivable!
1 - During the service, the waiters is granted only drink soft drinks (water, pepsi, lemonade) in plastic cups (do not know what will happen if I tried to use a glass! But ...). Coffee and tea are at the discretion of the boss. Fruit juices, iced tea, milk drinks are charged at full price!
2 - Same thing for the food ... The waiter during the break or the end of the service would have lunch (or dinner) to pay. Yes you read right! But "fortunately" has a 50% discount on pizza, pasta and salads. For all other types of course has a 20% discount. Do you realize?!?! If you want to eat, I pay! Never seen such a thing in Italy!
3 - At the organizational level, the waiters who take orders each have their own section (from table X to table Y). And since all normal. But what happens? That there is a barman! And then when all the waiters take orders for drinks find themselves passionately behind the counter, each preparing his drinks for their tables ... What a mess!
4 - Topic "working time". Usually the services for runners like me, have the following hours: lunch from 12 to 16 and dinner from 18.30 until the end of service. What is absurd and that makes me terribly angry, that is rarely very beginning this time! For example, yesterday I had to start at 12 noon and I was tip, ready to go. But, alt! I spent an hour sitting at the table to see how the Australians holding a fork and only one o'clock I started working ... I wonder ... why? Well, because the restaurant was semi-hollow! Do you realize? It's not my problem if there are people, if my schedule is, it must be that! And so it happened to me many times ... You start half an hour after the time fixed or not ... But ... No comment ...
5 - Is there a figure in the kitchen that I did not understand what "technical name" could have the ... His job basically is to say the names of the dishes to the waiters like me who have to bring the course to the tables ... It is enough! Yes, maybe sometimes puts seal on some dishes or something ... But no more! And I think that after one, two, three times a person with a minimum of intelligence can know a daisy from a fanciful ... But ...
At the moment I can think of other nonsense ... But I think these are enough! Ah, here's another thing that is absolutely normal and very common is to ask a take-away container when you have finished eating their reach ... In Italy if you do such a thing is seen as a starving, but nearly here everyone does! And frankly I find it a very intelligent, so you will avoid many unnecessary waste!
Even the pace of work are much more relaxed here ... soooooo Unlike Italy, the people sitting at the table does not asks you to sort of pissed off when waiting for ten minutes ... But wait, waiting, waiting, waiting. Just think 'that two weeks ago I was out to dinner with my sister in a restaurant and we waited an hour (an hour but really!) Before the arrival of our pizza! And there have been three other tables besides ours .... I do not want to know what they were doing in the kitchen!
In any case I think when you live in a country that is not yours you have to adapt to the rules and the conduct of this ... So it's useless to get angry if I do start one hour after eating or if I can not free a poor daisy ... These are the rules? Ok, that's right! I think it's definitely good and constructive to adapt to any institution, rule or situation you are proposing before. When I get back home over to my backpack, I have another bag, much more important and that can never be undone ... A cultural baggage that will stay with me for life!
0 comments:
Post a Comment