Monday, February 9, 2009

Can You Get Lyme From Raw Seer Meat

Is not REAL MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA ...

1
Flight JQ633. Destination Melbourne. After a trip accompanied by a lot of turmoil, arrival airport Melbourne at 2 pm. Waiting for my traveling companion (my backpack!) And take the shuttle bus that takes me straight to the city center.
I call my friend Andre, who lives in Melbourne in October and I meet him for coffee. Then I headed to the hostel he recommended. The hostel is quite expensive ($ 180 per week), but it is big, clean, the staff are very friendly and shows several services are included in the price: breakfast every morning, half an hour of free internet per day, the pancakes Sunday morning and "barbecue on the roof" on Tuesday evening. And guess what day is today? Tuesday! Wow! Shower, hair and begin to overeat at 6 sausage, hamburger, and so on and so forth!
rest of the evening in the hostel with Andrew and his other friends, they seem very nice!
The next morning I wake up early. I expect a new city to be discovered, one thing that I love! The city center is relatively large, you can get around on foot in an hour or so! It reminds me a lot of the Sydney city center: high-rise buildings and streets crowded with people and shops. There are also many cathedrals and historical monuments that make a striking contrast with the modernity that characterizes the second largest city in Australia. A stroll to the Royal Botanic Gardens in the afternoon and I can not visit the Little Italy of Melbourne. Lygon St, the street name colored in green, white and red. A feeling almost absurd: after a month and a half in Brisbane without talking half a word of Italian to anyone (except the phone with my mom and my sister!), I find myself in a street packed with restaurants, pizza, pasta and mandolin " and my ears and my mind back to smile ... I feel I speak Italian in every centimeter of the way! I understand everything! Wow, half hour walk from the city center and went home!?! Feeling really nice, I admit it! Start now to distribute curriculum as candy and fortune smiles at me: I have two tests at two different restaurants, one for the day and another the next day.
Coffee Good: This is the name of the restaurant I chose. Already at first glance, I immediately liked it! The owners are from Sicily and there are also some Italian waiters, a boy of Saronno, one of Pisa, one of Bologna and one of Treviso. I know, I know ... not the best for my English because it often works speak Italian ... but what the heck! I'm here for fun! In any case, there are waiters from other countries and therefore often try to relate with them! Unfortunately for now I work only on weekends and the pay is very low (12 dollars an hour) ... But as they say ... Better than nothing! I think I'll try to find something else in the meantime.
The next day I decide to go to the beach. Finally my beloved beach, my beloved sea! But this time my expectations are not confirmed, I think the beach in St Kilda is the ugliest I've ever seen so far here in Australia. Not too clean, very busy ... And the sea is not clean ... Uff! In any case, I also enjoy a day of complete relaxation. Fortunately, not far from this there are other beaches much more beautiful, cleaner, more Australian! I was lucky enough to go yesterday, with the popular kids in the hostel a few days ago! Clear sea, a few people around me and a scent that you can breathe ... My only here body tries to absorb as much as possible this intoxicating smell, I do mine, give me a position that I can hardly find elsewhere.
After ten days of searching the web, I managed to find the house. I've been living together for a few days with a New Zealand boy, two English girls and a boy in Scotland. I have my single room, I pay less than the hostel and are very close to work, could not andarmi better! The house will be available only for a month, because then it will be demolished! A sign of destiny?!?! I think so! I believe that there is another unknown place that is already waiting for me. I'm here for just over two weeks but I have not found one aspect of Melbourne fall in love madly. I have not found a park, a landscape, a beach, a palace to seek and remain numb for hours and gaze at the face of such beauty and think "Wow, please do not wake me." Melbourne is a beautiful city but I would not be appropriate to me: maybe it's made for those who enjoy the night for those who want to feel at home (believe me it is too European), for those who love the classic life of the city. But it is not right for me ... I want to live and I want to see the real Australia. Of course, it is nice to feel at home, but after only two weeks I'm feeling something inside me that says "Laura is not here that you have to be." I did not come this far just for the fun of the premises and get drunk like everyone else ... I can do very well at home. I'm here for other reasons, far more profound and constructive, but I'm noticing that is really able to share the majority of backpackers is only here to have fun, drink, go, kennels ... Well, no thanks ... Sometimes I feel so different ! And the language certainly does not help me ... It 's just the first time since I have been here in Australia I do not feel perfectly at ease. I do not like too much this situation, but ultimately I'm fine and I also know that a month will pass quickly!
In any case I go on my way, convinced that every single instant lived in this land is making me stronger, more mature and more aware that they are really lucky to have my whole life, a life so precious a life so full of life and protect it with care and dedication, to be colored with different colors every day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment