THOUGHTS SHOULD BE YOURSELF praise. CHAPTER
1
course, I do not make any account of those pundits who are jabbering extreme insanity and arrogance of those who praise themselves. Even mad all they want, will recognize its consistency. What is it, in fact, more consistent Madness singing its praises? Who better than me might describe me? unless you give me the chance that someone who is best known to myself. On the other hand I find this system more modest, and not a little of that adopted by the mass of the great and wise men, they, usually, for a false modesty, suborn some rhetorician flatterer, or a poet addicted to idle talk, and pay to hear him sing his own praises, and that is a lot of lies. So our flower of modesty halyard feathers like a peacock, he raises his crest, while the shameless flatterer comparing him out, he is a poor man to the gods, and proposes it as the absolute model of virtue, he who by that model knows he is far away. In short, as the Raven with the feathers of others, makes the Ethiopian white, and a fly make an elephant. Instead, I follow that old saying which states that, who does not find another that praise is good reason to celebrate themselves.
Now, however, I must express my wonder at the ingratitude, or, as I say, the indifference of death. All the court and make me willingly accept my benefits, and yet, over many centuries, has not found anyone who gave voice to the gratitude in a speech in praise of Madness, while not lacking in praise those who designed and Acconci, and will consume more oil and sleep, wove praise of Busiris of Phalaris, fever quart, flies, baldness, and other scourges like that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment