DEEP WATER POINT: THE TEARS OF THE MOON LIVE HERE. TIME
a
do not know anything at all in the field of pearls, I've never worked on a boat, I do not know if I suffer from sea sickness or not, I do not know what does it mean in practical work, only that is hard and difficult and that is not really suitable for girls, but I know myself ... and I love challenges, especially since I'm here in Australia! Perhaps all these things put together make me grow into an unbridled curiosity and adventurous spirit of a challenge ... I've decided: I want to work in a pearl farm!
With the help of the chef of the restaurant where I go to work in three offices in three different farm wondering if they need manpower. Maybe my feminine side, my height, because they are lean, do not play too much in my favor ... But my enthusiasm, that you instead! I get a half hoping to be part of a farm, I have to call them tomorrow to get a definite answer or yes or no. Fingers crossed!
I am a bit 'nervous, we hope that this time I do well Call the office and the secretary tells me that I got the job and who has the contract ready to sign ... Wow! I could not wish for more! Only one small detail: I have to leave tomorrow! What?! So, overnight, or better yet, overnight, leaving the two works in the city (a little 'reluctantly) and packed all my stuff at the caravan park! Tomorrow we start a new adventure!
The place where the farm is located is called the Deep Water Point, and is about two hours from Broome. The road is unpaved, the contrary is quite rough and the red sand raises a big fuss behind the 4WD, which is taking me to a new and unforgettable experience. During the trip I know some guys who work there for some time, I speak a bit 'of work and actually a bit' of concern begins to rise ... But in any case are all very nice and friendly, the environment seems familiar to me and fortunately I feel immediately at ease.
We are nearly there: I turn right and see the ocean, I turn left and see the ocean ... I'm not drunk, I swear! Deep Water Point is located on a thin spit of land where there is only the farm and nothing more ... Nature has simply created another magical piece of paradise. I remain simply amazed by the beauty of this place, in front of my room I have a white sand beach on which they live two frangipani trees and a color of a clear blue Indian Ocean. What do I want? I really need this peace and this contact with nature after two months of intense interpersonal relationships. I and nature, and I myself.
I are given the first straight: the alarm every morning for 10 days at 5am, start work at 6am and finishes at 4pm. Dinner at 6pm. After 10 days it comes back to Broome for 4 days off. Usually you are working on the boat in three: one person cleans the string where the panels are connected, then the same detach the panel from the water and puts it in "cleaning machine ", the other two people have to clean the shells from the" extra parts "that form on the surface of the shell and that are harmful to their health and therefore for the formation of the pearl. All of it sounds rather abstract and complicated, but soon I will have seen with my own eyes how it all works!
In fact, the work turns out to be quite heavy, obviously I'm not used and the first days are terribly arduous. My back is sore (the panels are quite heavy to lift), my body is wet and smells like fish ten hours a day, my fingers are swollen and sore. But nevertheless I'm happy, I am extremely pleased with the work I like and I'm thrilled, every day I learn new things about pearls, I learn new types of knots, learn to drop anchor and all other activities that characterize the work boat. My enthusiasm is sky high. I feel like a kid in a playground. And all that surrounds me fully repays the toil of work: I look around and see dolphins, turtles, many different types of fish, sharks and sometimes (but do not tell my mom that I had a bath in some lunch once!), heavenly beaches that seem too fake to be true and the infinite ocean that makes me feel free as I had never heard before, able to do whatever I want. Feel the fresh air on my face and spray salt water, pass the tongue over my lips and savor the taste of the sea, feel the warm sun on my skin, have in hand my life and thank God for being so lucky. Here's how I felt every single day while I was on the boat, a sense of gratitude never felt before, a sense of freedom never tasted before. And you will understand that power, and there is nothing that can stop my relentless desire to live.
The days go by in a flash. I also had the good fortune to attend the "collection" of beads. Only once a year, some shells are opened to extract the jewel it contains. Simply unforgettable experience, one of most intense experiences of my life.
And then he, Alex, a boy with huge eyes and full of love, a strong boy but maybe too fragile and sensitive in his heart, a twenty-year old boy with a lovely innocence, a boy with dreams of a twenty year old, a boy More than any other person here in Australia made me realize that there are no boundaries to love, there is no difference of language, there is miles away, there are no barriers when you love. Thanks Alex for making me understand all this and giving me that hug, that kiss, that smile, that look that I was never made to feel alone and that made me feel the happiest woman in the world. It was all so perfect. And forgive me, try to forgive my rationality, and try to forgive my behavior and for not having realized that it was too late, now that your heart was filled with love for me and unfortunately I could not fully reciprocate your feelings. Forgive me. The last thing I wanted was to break your dreams and your expectations, the last thing I wanted was to hurt you and see you cry ... The guilt is rampant in me as I write and do not stop the tears fall from my eyes. It 'was one of the most difficult decisions of my life and maybe I never hated myself so much for making someone suffer like this. You will be forever in my heart as one of the sweetest and most beautiful memories in my experience of life called Australia.
After just over two months in paradise, I decide to leave work. A very painful decision, I love the job, I love this place, but in any case in less than two months come home and I want to travel a little 'before leaving this magical land. So I decide to book a tour for the National Park Kimberley. I look forward to from you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment